Access your courses with a computer, tablet or smartphone.
Videos and interactive content designed for a proven learning experience.
Take your courses when you want and where you want.
This is your chance to spend an hour and a half LIVE with Gary and Doug Gray.
A few weeks ago we co-hosted a live presentation for some of the local coaches, personal trainers and strength coaches in our area to discuss the action of squatting and how it impacts athletes and individuals they work with on a daily basis. In this presentation Gary and Doug discuss the various dangers in traditional squats and how we can better prepare everyone to accept the loads and stresses of squatting in their day to day lives regardless of activity level.
1. Squatting is one of the most foundational movements in all of function. We squat when we walk, when we lift, when we throw, when we swing, when we dance, when we work, when we play.
2. When we look at squatting we realize it is a Chain Reaction ®. Every joint contributes to the success of a squat.
3. Squatting is 3-dimensional. All of our joints, muscles and nerves function in all three planes of motion when we squat.
4. Squatting is driven. Driven by gravity, ground reaction force, mass and momentum; driven by our own purpose of the squat. Our feet are in various positions and our hands create different motions throughout the body.
5. Squatting for power, for performance and for prevention must be facilitated as a Chain Reaction ® in 3-D, as a matrix, and driven by the authentic drivers of function. Please enjoy this Gray Institute newsletter on the essence and importance of squatting.
|SQUATalogy - Unplugged (Live) |
Power, Performance and Prevention